Cooking with Chopin Vodka
Dorda Double Chocolate is a marriage between our craft-distilled rye vodka and decadent dark chocolate - an exceptional treat for sipping on special occasions. What also makes Dorda liqueur remarkable is its versatility; pour it over ice, into coffee or onto your favourite ice-cream and it will transform the ordinary into the sublime. And while these quick variations will put a smile on your face, you can also cook with Dorda Double Chocolate – a culinary ingredient with possibilities as vast as your imagination.
As an introduction to Dorda’s many gastronomic possibilities, try this twist on the timeless and simple dinner-party classic - the chocolate fondant. With even a kiss of Dorda in the mix, you’ll be whisked away to chocolate-lovers’ heaven.
Dorda Double Chocolate Fondant
• makes four portions
• prep time ~30 mins
• cooking time 10 mins
- 75 g/2.65 oz caster sugar (extra for greasing)
- 150 g/6 oz unsalted butter, chopped (extra for greasing)
- 150 g/6 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 6 fl oz/180 ml Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- Pinch of Salt
- Sifted cocoa or powdered sugar for dusting
1. Grease ramekins generously with butter and dust with sugar, tapping out any extra sugar. (Powdered sugar also works very well for this, if you have any on hand.)
2. Combine sugar, salt, butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place on top of simmering water until evenly melted, stirring gently until smooth (do not overheat!). This can also be done in the microwave at low-med temperature. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Once cooled, pour Dorda Liqueur into the chocolate mixture and stir through.
4. Combine eggs and egg yolks in a separate bowl, whisking until combined. Pour eggs into the cooled chocolate mixture and stir through.
5. Sift flour over the mixture and fold through.
6. Distribute evenly between ramekins, filling to the lip, and place in the refrigerator for 20-30 mins.
7. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
8. Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins. Set aside for 2 mins and then carefully pull the sides of the fondant away from the ramekin with a sharp knife and turn onto serving plates. Oven temperatures vary and timing is important with fondants; don’t over-bake them or they won’t have those delectable gooey centers.
9. Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately with whipped cream or ice-cream.